As I sat watching a New England style wintery mix fall outside my window the other day, I couldn’t help but hear The Mamas & The Papas "California Dreamin’ " play in my head. And that one line in particular: ♪ “I’d be safe and warm / if I was in L.A.” ♪
Sitting on 102 acres and boasting 270 degree views of the Pacific, the beauty of the resort’s location is, put simply, stunning.
|View of Point Vicente Lighthouse at Pelican Cove|
My guide to a perfect day at Terranea:
- Rise early for the Sunrise Stride, a six-mile guided power walk along the property’s scenic trails. Nothing makes exercise more pleasant than a gorgeous view!
- Visit the Spa to grab a mixed berry smoothie made with pomegranate juice and agave nectar…and decide to stay for a spa treatment.
|Reception area at the Spa|
- Indulge in the luxurious spa facilities and then pick one of the comfy loungers on which to read and sunbath. Cleverly designed glass walls provide virtually uninterrupted seascapes for admiring the natural beauty of the resort’s location.
- Relax while listening to the soothing rhythm of the waves and watching pelicans fly. And if the sun gets too warm, cool your brow with a refreshing cucumber water towel provided by the spa.
- Participate in Aquatic Conditioning for some fun in the pool or select one of the many excellent classes offered in the yoga studio featuring panoramic views.
- Dine on the patio at mar’sel, the resort’s fine dining restaurant serving the innovative California cuisine of award-winning Chef Michael Fiorelli. The menu celebrates seasonal and locally sourced ingredients, including herbs and citrus from the gardens at Terranea.